Sunday, September 26, 2010

The 'Rents

Had a busy Saturday:


Luis and I set up all the cabinet drawers/doors in the basement of mom's office building in a storage unit and got the primer sprayed.



Back at home, the ladies made a mess of the living room...


...and set up an air curtain around the kitchen to keep the primer fumes out of the house.


When Luis and I finished up with the primer on the doors, we headed back to the house and started spraying the cabinets. (Note the fan system that blows air out of the curtained-off kitchen to create a negative air pressure situation - it worked great and there were NO paint fumes problems in the house....although the neighborhood had a bit of a stink going on)






This is the "second" curtain inside the kitchen to keep the blue paint overspray (from the island) from settling on the freshly painted white cabinets. Yeah, things were getting kinda cramped in there. Maybe we should have painted the blue color first and then just covered the island...
After spraying the house, Luis and I headed back to mom's office building to spray the final coat on the cabinets (the stools and the cabinets for the "island" are getting a steely blue color)

4 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Wow! Can I hire you to come do my kitchen next?

angela michelle said...

that is an awesome work situation. I love your paint sprayer. We bought one and it stinks. Spits globs everywhere, so I end up doing virtually everything by hand. Is it a million-dollar industrial version?

Farmer Joe said...

Not multi-million, but the setup was about $700 or so. We (Jessica and I) bought a "cheap" $75 electric sprayer and it was worthless.

Nancy Sabina said...

Bummer. After I saw these pics I was totally thinking about buying a paint sprayer and doing our cabinets. But I guess not if the affordable ones are garbage.