Thursday, January 31, 2008

Corporate Meetings - Lame Lame Lame!!

What is the deal with people in meetings? You get more than 10 or so people and there is like a 90% chance that 2-3 people in that meeting are going to think that they need to fight each other to monopolize the entire thing with pointless anecdotes about a bunch of drivel. Seems like cub scout meetings are probably the worst I have ever seen, but last night's industry meeting about environmental sustainability was too close for comfort.

Am I bitter? Yes. I know I am supposed to try to keep to the bright side for my mental health and what not. So, here's the good news...(thinking)...I am starting to come around on my sales. Let me explain - I have to try to increase the company's business here in TX in order to justify a raise for myself. Some folks know how I feel about salespeople and for the interests of keeping things positive here, I won't go into it. Nevertheless, as time has passed, I have actually become more comfortable with "the cold call." Today on the way home from a business trip (in Dallas, but again, I can't elaborate without violating the principles of thinking positive) I stopped at an 11-story office building and was greeted by none other than the property manager and, get this, she was actually glad to see me and seemed to have a need for our services. Those ones dfinitely make the ones who cut you off without listening seem a lot better.

Hang on there folks, looks like brighter weather is on the way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems to me meetings are the same everywhere. I totally get it.
As for the rest of this blog, you said it: hang on there, looks like brighter weather is on the way!

By the way, I check your blog and Jessica and Wendy's everyday to see what's new. I'm just not a frequent commentator.

Farmer Joe said...

Tanta B? Great! Thanks for posting - I had no idea that the website had reached the international level! Woooo-hooo :)

Hope all is going well for you and yours - we miss you all!