Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Love Affair w/ O'Hare

Oh....Hair

Snow
Sleet
Wind

.....Delay

Mechanical Problem
Pilot shortage
No airplane

.....Delay

O'Hare


The love affair with O'Hare continues and it looks like I'll not be returning to Dallas today. No biggy. We fly to Laguardia through O'Hare tomorrow morning anyway. I'll just meet with Jessica when she gets here at O'Hare and then, barring additional delays, we should be on our way to NYC for St. Valentines (how romantic?)

Here's the funny part. Since it was a mechanical failure that caused my flight to DFW from O'hare to be cancelled, and since the soonest they could get me into DFW would have been around 5:00pm or so (with me leaving back to ORD at 7:00am,) wouldn't you think it would be reasonable for them to save themselves the jetfuel and just encourage me to stay here by offering me a free hotel? Well, they didn't think that, but here's the kicker...since they wouldn't get me a hotel room, I asked them to issue a refund on the ORD to DFW leg of my trip ($120.00) and went and got a hotel suite at the Country Inn for like $102. Now, where is the logic in that United? If they would have gotten me a room, I would not have asked for the refund. It is interesting that some companies have so many procedures and processes in place that they can't see the forest because there are all them dad-bern trees in the way.

4 comments:

angela michelle said...

Wow, Joe, so now I see another layer of your heretofore covert literary talent. Apparently, you're a poet...as well as a farmer. Enjoy your trip!

Nancy Sabina said...

Airlines do seem to do some stupid things to follow "procedure".

Wendy said...

so you and jessica are going to NYC??? I wasn't realy sure but this is the conclusion I have come to from scraping together little peices of info from both your blogs... let me know

Farmer Joe said...

Umm...yeah, we are in NYC as I type. Kicking it at Mary & Rom's house.

How about that red rocket resume? It really is a great site if you are looking for a service to help you with your resume.