Friday, July 25, 2008

Can anything good come out of Chicago?

Listen folks, I know there has to be someone with half a brain in Chicago. I mean, my aunt/uncle live there and are fantastically intelligent. Where are all the rest? If I sound bitter, it is because I just got back from there last night and already today, my manager has quit on me leaving me with no choice but to return for next week to get things back in order. I need to hire someone and fast, but after two failures in a row (each lasting less than a year) I am starting to think that either:

  1. The job is undoable by human hands
  2. I have no idea how to hire good employees
  3. Chicago sucks

OK, that third one has nothing to do with it, but I had to throw it in there. Please y'all, if there is anyone out there who knows anyone who knows someonein the Chicago area who has half a brain and is looking for a job, please let me know. I'm thinking that this time I will go with intelligence and ambition over experience and technical skills. Seriously, there has to be someone who can coordinate a small team of maintenance technicians without alienating the customer and constantly getting me in trouble.......right?

2 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Ruth and I were just discussing last night how amazing it is that there really are multitudes of people out there who think their job is just a mway to pass time and get a pay check. They think nothing about being lazy and stupid. They think WE're stupid for actually working. Truley amazing - but true. I agree that you should go for ambition and intelligence. Experience isn't always everything.

Anonymous said...

Chicago sucks. No need to apologize for it.