Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Update on Sterling

Sterling is looking fine - swelling gone, but a fantastic color. Luckily today was our homestudy where the adoption agency comes by to make sure we have a suitable home for a state-child. It is always nice to have some nice color in the kids eyes when they come by :rolleyes:

As far as farming updates; I used my new angle grinder (the old Harbor Freight one imploded on me the other day so I bought a Skil-brand one - it is heavier, but has way more torque) to take all the rust off a section of pool fence (in the shop) which I had previously cut out and welded in new sections to replace the heaviest rust; and then coated it with Rustoleum primer for heavily rusted metal. It took forever to paint it (since I was using a 2" paint brush and all those little railings just take forever to paint) but it should hold up for another 15 years after I get the finish coat on (tomorrow?)

No comments: