Monday, October 20, 2008

Gravel

A guy dropped off a dumptruck load of gravel in the driveway this morning. That may sound like a lot, but it sure didn't go very far. In fact, the dumptruck didn't really look all that full, so I don't think I'll be using that guy again. ANyway, I spent like an hour moving it around with the front end loader which worked great for transporting it around, but which was not so great for getting it really even and smooth. I finally buckled and borrowed the neighbor's box blade attachment for the tractor which worked great. Another couple hours tonight and I had the entire driveway graded and the gravel all smoothed out. We prolly need another load though which stinks because that is some expensive dirt/rock.
For Ginger's Bp-day, she rode over to the neighbors house to get the grader blade with me on the tractor - she seems to enjoy that.
I also ordered CV shafts for the metro today (which should be here tomorrow) so I got started on pulling the old ones off. They are about halfway off now, but I don't have a socket big enough for the axle nut, so tomorrow when I get the new shafts, I'll be getting a new nut too. That should be the last thing that has to be done before Josh comes out here to help get the engine back into the car to start the reassembly process. This thing is going to be like a new car (mechanically) by the time we are done. Too bad it is still going to look like a beat-up old metro...

No comments: