Sunday, October 26, 2008

What I did this weekend

  1. A marathon wrenching session to get the metro engine all hooked up and ready to fire (Josh was here Fri night helping to lift it into the car and prep it).  After spending basically the whole day squirreled away in the shop working on it, it rewarded me by firing right up (good news.)  Unfortunately, the oil light won't go off (bad news) so I am temporarily delayed from claiming victory until I do some more research to find out what to do to ensure that I don't ruin this engine by running it anymore without oil in it.
  2. Rammed the front end loader on the tractor into the front of my truck while grading out some gravel we had brought in.  OOOOOOOooooooooops :(  The good news is that the impact (while substantial) was precisely placed for minimal damage (hooray) and all I need now is a new headlight and turn signal.  I hit the truck hard enough that I was afraid the airbags would go off or something and it really is a miracle the hood and fender and (brand new) tire aren't damaged too.

No comments: