Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Boating

Jessica and I went into Leonard today to vote.  There were 4 voting machines and a small line.  It moved along pretty quick and we waited less than 30 minutes.  In that 30 minutes, Ginger (who was tagging along) picked up on what we were doing and, much to the delight of the quiet room of waiting voters exclaimed in a delighted voice, "we go boating!?!?"  No, no, we explained, VOTing not BOATing.  "We go boating!?!?"  After several exchanges, I think she just decided to let it pass and agree to disagree.  Everyone thought it was pretty funny.


On an unrelated note, unkygiash is here again - this time to apply his new computer-whiz skills to reload our operating system and optimize our computer's performance.  He arrived late last night and hung around here all day alternately working on the computer and helping us to install our wood floors.  I've decided one thing: I like having him around.

1 comment:

Nancy Sabina said...

The boating thing is so priceless. Love it. I tried to get my kids to listen to me about voting and what was going on. No dice. Oh well. Next time.