Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Couple Surprises

Josh is over here again today kicking it.  He came in from fishing and said that there was a group of guys back working in the area of our rear (barbed wire) fence.  I instantly was hoping they were back there fixing it because that is actually on our list to go ahead and do here (as soon as I have time.)  I hopped on my mt. bike and rode back there.  Bless their little hearts, they WERE fixing the fence!  I chatted um up a bit and then let them finish the job.  One less thing on my to-do list!


The other surprise is not so good.  I spent pert near the entire day working on a section of floor that can't be more than 15 square feet.  There were just so m
any cuts and measurements and re-cuts.  it just took forever.  The good news is that we are getting close - observe:

The areas without the blue tape is not yet glued.  Since it is a tongue & groove wood, I figured I had better make it all fit and figure out how to get it in there before gluing.  The final step here is going ot be to make sure the edges work with the trim piece, install the trim piece and then pull up all the wood again (easy) and then relay/glue it.

1 comment:

angela michelle said...

Once we re-tiled our whole kitchen, eating area, and hallway. Then doing the bathroom (around the toilet, etc.) took as long as the whole rest of it. maddening! I love the diagonal layout. It'll be great when it's done.