Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Late Night Mowing

I got a new grease gun a bit ago and I have been searching high and low for grease zerks to use it on.  Luckily, my tractor has about a thousand of them so I have been happily greasing all over the place.  The bushog was cutting a little close to the ground and kinda scalping the turf, so I lowered the trailing wheel to keep it up a bit more and took it out for an 11pm test run using flashlight illumination.  The grass was wet, but it seemed to be working flawlessly.  And did I detect that the tractor steers more easily with its freshly greased bearings?


In Boise, I often got yelled at by my neighbors for working on my Jeep at 11PM.  Here, I can run the airtools, grinder, etc, beat on things with sledgehammers, and mow with the tractor running a 540 RPM PTO speed without hearing a peep from anyone.  I like that.

No comments: