Monday, June 29, 2009

Dead-eye Unkigiash

Unkigiash came out to party for a bit yestiddy and since he was picking up his rifle that he had left, we happened to have it in hand and loaded when Justin (our dog) scared up a widdow bunny wabbit. It took off with Justin in hot pusuit and unkigiash drew a bead on it and winged off a shot. I gfigured it was a wasted shot (at a full-speed rabbit with a rifle) but I was proven wrong when Justin was treated to a nice little snack. That's right, unkigiash took out a rabbit that was running at full speed with a hunting rifle. Amazing.


Today, after a surprise major rainstorm (that was sorely needed) I sold my stock trailer for a thrifty profit. (well actually, seeing as I spent a good bit of $$ and whole lot of time doing repairs to it, I guess it probably isn't such a big profit after all - but it is nice to be rid of it) It really was just not the right trailer for my needs. I am constantly wishing I had a utility trailer and the stock trailer served semi-ok for that, but it wasn't perfect and was often too large and not suited for the work. I now have my eye set on a utility trailer that can be converted temporarily into a stock trailer by bolting on a "cage." Jessica thinks I should just get a utility trailer and be done with it, but I don't really see how I would ever move the livestock without some sort of cage for it. At least now that the stock trailer has been converted to cash we have options.

No comments: