Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Our Nation's Security...Diagnosis: Semi-Secure

Many readers are familiar with the story of how I illegally emmigrated
to Mexico a few years back. That was nothing.
Both Monday and again today, I was passed through security at our
nations airports with no more than a wave of a PHOTOCOPIED driver's
license! What does it take to get them to require a 'real' piece of
ID?
FYI, I have a photocopy of my DL because the great republic of TX, in
their infinite wisdom, saw fit to confiscate my valid Idaho DL when
they gave me my temporary license to cover the interim while I wait
for an official TX DL. The temp license is no more than a slip of
paper with a red stamp on it.
I have decided that maybe the next time I fly, I will see if I can get
through security with a bogus DL copy with some Photoshopped changes
on it. Why? Because, apparently, I can...

5 comments:

Farmer Joe said...

Ok...I repent. I guess karma caught up to me. Since the last post, I was informed that I was not going to make my connection in Denver so they booked me on a different flight (direct) on another airline that departs from a different concourse. Soooo, I had to go bak out of security, get a new boarding pass, and then come through security again...this time, they did let me through, but, due to my crappy ID, they sent me to the extra search line. I got a free massage (hand search) and had my dirty laundry aired. So anyway, falsifying my ID is probably not a good idea (and a felony) and since it actually caused me a hassle on the 3rd of three trips through security, maybe I won't mess around with it anymore.

Nancy Sabina said...

Oh man Joe! Don't you know that homeland security is all over the blog world! You are so gonna be on their watch list now. You'll never fly again. They'll detain you the next time you try to fly and the manure and fertilizer from the farm that is on your shoes will make them believe even more so that you are an undercover agent of some bad dudes. Before you know it your family will be labeled as high-risk and Sterling will be kicked out of kindergarten. Winter will be ostrasized. Ginger will be sent to high-security preschool. Jessica will be kicked out of the country and you'll never see her again. You'll live out the rest of your days all alone and afraid to communicate with anyone for fear that they will be implicated in your pretend plot too.

OK - this is sounding way too much like it's coming from certain other relatives...

angela michelle said...

Nice job channelling your inner Ashurst, Nanc. Joe, I was logging on to let you know that I recommend against messing with TSA just for kicks.

Catherine M. said...

Nancy, I dig you! That was 'inner Ashrust' for sure. Can I have some too? Angela, are you coming to TX anytime?

Anonymous said...

Next time you try it, let your beard grow out, wrap a towel around your head and pray to the East before boarding.