Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Therapeutic Mowing

I pulled a couple laps on the tractor tonight. There's still plenty to be done, but it was kinda nice feeling the hot air coming off the engine in the cool night breeze. Every now and then there was a pile of grass flung up on me and just when the straight line gets boring, and it seems like you are barely moving, you get to the end of your pass and have to slam on the brake on one side muscle the non-powered steering wheel to the side and swing the front end around to get realigned for the next pass. It is pretty difficult to think about work while doing that --> real nice.
The sun went down on me while mowing and when I climbed off the tractor, I could barely see the fence to climb through it. That's a good finish to a day.

PS - Jessica wants me to write about how we all went swimming today and had a good time. Winter is getting really good at swimming and Sterling is starting to take baby steps towards overcoming his phobia of water on his face. Ginger is, as always, incredibly cute and brave - she will do anything the other kids will do.

1 comment:

Nancy Sabina said...

I guess that's why I wouldn't make a good farmer - that sounds terribly annoying to me that just when you were finally relaxing you had to start working again.