Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hurricane Ike Brings Lovely Weather to N. Dallas

We knowed what that the storm was a comin around Satidy afternoon so I figured I'd spend the mornin on the tractor hacking down the weeds out in the lower pasture that have been really getting high.  It was a great morning for it.  There was a nice breeze and a lower temperature.  I got several acres mowed.  

Sterling got to go to his first B-day party at a friend's house in Leonard.  He had a blast.

The rain started around noon and steadily increased up until around 3 or 4 or so where it peaked and dropped down a bit.  The winds were pretty good and I think they must have peaked in the night.  It definitely was not the worst storm we have had out here.  The worse this one did was blow a lawnchair into the pool.  Oh yeah, and our mailbox pole bit the dust.  I am not sure if that was the storm or vandals or what, but it looks like there is going to be a need to go borrow the neighbors PTO-operated post hole digger to make a better hole and plant a better post for the mailbox.

Overall, I'd say it was a very pleasant storm.  In fact, I was out riding around in the rain yesterday on the motor bike in the full-on bn rain and was very comfortable.  You know, ever since seeing Michael Douglas walking around in the downpour out of Cartegena (Romancing the Stone,) I have always liked the idea of warm rain.  
Today, the post-storm weather is nice and cool with a light breeze, and clear skies.  We actually have our windows open today.

2 comments:

angela michelle said...

And did Michael Douglas make that life-long impression on you when you watched the movie on that video-disc thing we had?

Farmer Joe said...

I vaguely remember what you are talking about, but couldn't say for sure if the impression was made while watching that thing. I have seen the movie several times - it's a classic eh?