Friday, September 12, 2008

Tractor Repairs

We recovered the errant cow last night and this morning she is back over there.  I think she found the fence to be just too short to care about.  That is bad news.


Anyway, all the fence work really highlighted the need for me to get some mowing done out there - the weeds are getting up to waist high.  So I need my tractor, which has a major radiator leak.  If you care for the details of how I spent nearly the entire day figuring out how to pull the radiator on a early 60s Ford Workmaster 601 tractor, check this link out.  There a bunch of good pictures and you can read all about how tractors are not really like cars.  Things aren't as simple and easy to work on as you might think.  Or maybe, I'm just getting the hang of a new machine and am just not familiar enough with the ins & outs of a tractor yet.  Certainly the next time I get into any of this, I'll be much more familiar with what I need to do.  Here's the tractor halfway through with the triumphant proof of the removed radiator:


Anyway, the radiator is in, and aside from a fan blade that is making some contact with the fan shroud, it is basically ready to roll.  Feels good to have accomplished something without leaving it half-done (like a million other things around here) although Jessica is sure to be wondering why I wasn't finishing the metro off instead of getting into the tractor...well...because I am a guy.  At least I was doing something eh?

2 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Way to go you manly man.

Jessica said...

I WAS wondering why the vehicle we bought to save gas money, has been sitting in the shop (broken) for 3 months now. Just to show how long it has been, my cat has decided this is the perfect place to house her kittens. Especially with gas back at $3.99/gallon, it would be nice if that could have been priority over that tractor! But yes, you are amazing, and talented, and a hard worker. Way to go.