Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Battering Rams

It was late last night and I was typing on my cellphone to make that post, but I thought I'd speak a bit more on the battering ram action we had at the farm last night. It really was amazing. The power, the speed, the precision....I wish you could have seen it. At first, it was comical, they just kept doing it over and over and over...then it got to be a bit worrisome....they just wouldn't quit and were starting to ruin the fence. I tried to stop them, but they could have cared less about me. As soon as I released them, they would get right back to it.
The precision was amazing. They really had to time it just right so that the collision was coordinated so that they each approached the fence at the exact same moment so they could really hit each other. They were (for the most part) always right on with it even in the low light. Of course, on the few occasions when one or the other arrived early/late, the fence took up the brunt of the collision.
Anyway, it looks like the one with the gash on his head made it through the night. Hopefully, I'll get some decent pics of em today so y'all can see the damage.

6 comments:

angela michelle said...

Wow, that's crazy. So what is their plan? Does alpha want to actually kill beta? What will it take for alpha to feel firmly established as such? Then will the battering stop?

Farmer Joe said...

Well, don't quote me on this, but I think the dialogue goes something along the lines of:
Ram 1: "Hey slacker! Back off I spotted those betties first!

Ram 2: Foe geh chu sucka, there's plenty for the both of us. Why don chu make like a leaf and get outta here?

Ram 1: Rams like you are a dime a dozen - go back to mama

Ram 2: Oh I know you just didn't, this will teach you some manners (battering commences)

Ram 2: How do you like me now sucka?

(crash)

Ram1: Not as much as your sister liked me at the stockyards

(Kazaam!)

Ram 2: You talking bout my sister? Here's one for the record books

(Ka-pow)

Ram 1: Is that all you got? My grandewe hits harder than that!

(Shazaaaam)

Ram 2: Well....your a goat lover...

(Kablam)

Ram 2: And merry go rounds eat sideways at happy

Ram 1: What?!?

Ram 2: (exasperated) Aspirin...

Ram 1: Keep on moving loser - these ewes are mine

angela michelle said...

You will clearly be a great farmer based on your uncanny understanding of the animals' true feelings. So how long will this go on? Does Ram 2 give up or does the battle recommence anew every day?

Nancy Sabina said...

Ahhhh. I love it when the comments are funnier than the post. Although the battering Rams is pretty funny.

Farmer Joe said...

I actually haven't seen any more action since that night - hopefully they got it out of their system and the pecking order is now established.

Mark A said...

I'm laughing to tear I had to stop cuz I couldn't see or breath.