Monday, November 5, 2007

Used Car Salesman

I found a place in Bonham that has several Dodge Diesel trucks in my price range so we went out there tonight. I guess I had forgotten how much I hate used car dealers. This one was a bit different, but there were still things that show through that are classic used car salesman tactics:

1. The answer to any question is whatever they think you want to hear
2. They have no respect for your time and will try to keep you sitting around as long as possible
3. They always have to bring out their manager to "meet" you before you can leave

Anyway, when we were ready to leave Ginger was having a meltdown so I think they cracked out of their cockroach shells and realized I needed to leave and got their spiel over quickly, but I still have the taste of crusty underwear in my mouth from the whole experience.
They do have a 2000 4x4 3/4 diesel that I really liked, and if they will knock a grand or so off the price I will prolly buy it. Anyway, stay tuned.

2 comments:

angela michelle said...

Wow-- passion and venom from Joe!

Farmer Joe said...

Yeah, well, I have had NOTHING but bad experiences at used car dealers.

Jessica did go to the bank and get a cashiers check written to their name today and I called them and told them I had it and that I would give it to them if they would give me that truck. They declined since the check is for about $1,500 less than they are asking for it, and they say they haven't had the truck very long. Oh well, their loss. I will prolly buy another one from a private seller tomorrow.