Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Bad Day

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

I guess I spoke to soon earlier today, and it looks like the gravedigging of earlier in the week isn't finished. One of our angora goats gave birth today to a little buckling and he has already passed on. I don't know what might have caused it because he looks fine...he just is dead.

So we have one (pregnant) nanny left and in her hang all hopes for our first angora nanny kid. Out of 4 births so far (2 this year & 2 last year) all have been bucklings.

It sure is sad to be burying what should be a cute little scampering kid.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer. I even hate it when my plants die. Those little goats are so cute, too.

Jessica said...

sad when I have to find out about this on your BLOG!

angela michelle said...

That is a sad way to spend your day. :(

Grandpa Earl said...

So sorry.