Friday, May 15, 2009

Cinderella (w/ a welder)

The wind has been pretty rough lately - which makes outdoor welding with gas-shielded MIG wire a bit tough.  Tonight the wind was low, so after the kids were all put to sleep, I hit the ol' stock trailer with the welder.  I actually made progress a lot faster than I thought I would.  I started by cutting down all the old rusted off stumps and soon I was slapping the new 'hoop' top bars on left and right...until I ran out of welding wire.  Yep, right about as the clock struck midnight, I ran out of welding wire and my spree was over.  Here's a pic of where she is at right now (sorry for the quality - it is dark out there!)


For a comparison from "before" take a look at the images in this post from a week ago.

By the way, I have to give props on this project to my old pal Jess who, at one point, built his own bender.  Without his can-do attitude towards anything metal, I might never have even tried bending the top bars by myself.  I am extremely satisfied with the results!  

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Good job hun! That's one of the many things I love about you- your fearless entrepeneurship

Grampa Earl said...

Looking good! I'm proud of you.