Saturday, May 10, 2008

Lunker

Yesterday I realized that since the 10th falls on Saturday, my acounts payable for work was due on Friday. It was way too late to make that, so I worked a deal with corporate to get it in today for their check run on Sunday. What a great way to start a weekend :(
We had already planned to go camping with dad, and though I considered bagging that, we went through with it. The kids were up late around the campfire (yummy smores, but the fire was really too much for an 80 degree night) and then we slept in dad's old trailer and were awaken by the kids way too early. After monkeying around in the woods, shooting some stuff, and eating breakfast, we headed out around 10. By the time we got home, I was way tired and had to take a nap, so I reallly didn't even start working till like 3 or 4. Here's the good news, I got a large portion of the AP done, but couldn't get the web-based program to work that would have allowed me to put in the other 6-8 hours of work to finish it. That's right, due to a computer problem, I got my Saturday back and proceeded to while it away fishing with keith Taylor in our lake.
The fish were biting! We were bringing in fish after fish and every time my count would catch up to his, he would land another one to best me. Then, Keith hooked into a real lunker of a bass. We caught several good sights of him and he was BIG. Unfortunately, he went into some real thick weeds and Keith ended up pulling the hook out of his mouth befoire he could get him out of the weeds. So now I have a mission - I have to catch that bad boy!

4 comments:

angela michelle said...

Well I'm happy for your fun weekend--but I hope it wasn't people's payroll that was late! So how do you like fishing out of your very own lake?!

Wendy said...

soooo joe.. have you fallen off the face of the earth? You haven't posted anything for 4ever!

Wendy said...

ps you don't have to publish that last comment.. or this one for that matter

Anonymous said...

Miss your stories Joe ! Hope you're doing OK !

Omama