Thursday, May 1, 2008

Taurine - It Gives You Wings

Let me paint you a picture:

7:00am Arise and eat breakfast of champions
7:20am Drive truck to lower pasture, cut ~25 gallons of compressed grass with pocket knife, drive to upper pasture and deliver to goats
8:00am Start work day at home computer
12:30pm Drive to Durant, OK to meet with prospective (and now current) employee.
2:20pm No Starbucks is found, so end up in Arby's restaurant (now listen carefully here) where a large drink is purchased. Soda fountain contains Sobe energy drink with Taurine, guarana and who knows what else. Drink several large cups of Sobe while interviewing/discussing job
4:00pm Sit in car in Arby's parking lot listening to and responding to voicemails that arrived during interview
5:30pm Start driving home
5:45pm Stop at rest stop (hello again Sobe)
6:30pm Arrive at home and eat dinner
7:45pm Put kids in bed and start working
8:45pm Still working
9:45pm Still working
10:45pm Still working
11:45pm Still working
12:45am Still working
1:45am Still working
2:40am Post blog entry you are now reading
2:41am Still not really tired, but figure going to bed is a good idea since I have to work tomorrow and have 2 big contracts starting

Apparently the folks at Sobe have something here. I can work forever. Do I really want to wake up tomorrow though? I have a feeling this is not going to be pleasant.

3 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Woooo-whooo-hooo! Reminds me of my Slurpee-lovin' days. A new flavor came out that was called "jolt" or "zap" or something and I loved it (the name should have been the first hint). But I couldn't figure out why I was having trouble sleeping. Like three months later I finally saw an actual bottle of the drink, in non-Slurpee form, and looked at the ingredients. Ooops.
Guarana, by the way, is super yummy on it's own. I'ts the main soda drink in Brazil, like Coke or Pepsi here.

angela michelle said...

I must share this information with Mark ASAP. Can't wait to hear about your day-after hangover--was it worth it?

Farmer Joe said...

Actually, I feel OK today. I repeated the 7am haycutting and put in a SOLID work day.

I did just get in trouble with a lady who works for our company who "had her feathers ruffled" during a conversation with her. I have to admit, I am a bit frazzled and I also have to admit that I think this person is incompetent. So was it the taurine or just having to work with mediocrity that set me off?

We may never know. As far as how I feel, I feel kinda tired and my eyes are grating in their sockets a bit and I have a minor headache. Other than that, I feel fine.