Sunday, August 24, 2008

Coupon Freak

Jessica has a blog called "Coupon Chic" and I just call it coupon freak. Her and her friends go out and steal from the establishment and then brag about it on their website (see it here.) ANyway, it saves us a ton of money, but two can play at that game - Exhibit A:
It normally costs me $531 to fly to Chicago from Dallas round trip. Today, I found that if I fly to Chicago, then fly home from Milwaukee (where I will be anyway on Wednesday) the price is only $379. Here's the really crazy part - to fly home from Milwaukee, you actually have to fly once from Milwaukee to Chicago and then board a separate plane in Chicago to fly to Dallas. That's right, it is cheaper to fly more. I normally have to leave early from Milwaukee to drive down to Chicago - this way, I kick back on the plane and relax and it saves me over $100. Take that, coupon freaks!

By the way, I caught a mess of fish yesterday and there happened to be bass, crappy and some sort of goldfish-like perch among them. They were all small ones though - I'm still waiting on the monster.

On a separate note, redneckedness reached a whole new level yesterday when we discovered that using a wheelbarrow and a shovel in place of a canoe and paddle is not going to work unless we rig up some kind of outrigger system. We'll keep you updated - maybe next week...

1 comment:

angela michelle said...

Wheelbarrow and shovel...good times.