Sunday, August 3, 2008

One Long (short) weekend

I haven't been writing much on my blog lately. I'm not entirely sure why, but it may be a slight case of blog burn-out. Or, it could be the fact that work has me so stressed and busy lately that I try to get away from my computer as much as I can. I don't know. Since I last wrote:

  • I spent a couple days in Chicago with my crew there jsut checking in and making recomendations on things they needed to do. The day that I got back to TX, my manager there gave me one day notice that he was quitting.
  • I booked an emergency flight to Chicago and spent Mon-Thurs there picking up the pieces, managing the crew and starting to search for a new manager. Monday night I got a whopping 2 hours of sleep (another incident with an "energy drink")
  • Friday I was so wasted that I had to get some extra sleep to recuperate and still managed to put in a day of work. Mom and Levi (my sister's son) came out to have a sleep over.
  • Saturday I fixed the water line that was causing us to not have any water (out in the hot sun - it was like 105 or something) with Jessica and the kids bringing me water every 10-20 minutes to try to prevent my untimely death. By the time I finished that and installed two ceiling fans for Jessica, I was pretty much wasted.
  • Sunday I got up early for church meetings starting at 7:15am and as soon as I got home, I booked another flight to Chicago for this evening (bet you didn't know you could do that with so little notice did ya) and I am off for another fun-filled week in Chicago. Hurray! Hopefully I will be able to find "Mr Right" there this time and he will solve all of my Chicago problems and redeem all of Chicago in my mind (right now I just can't think nice thoughts about the people/place)

1 comment:

angela michelle said...

So glad your untimely death was averted! Wish we'd known on Friday morning that you were so behind on your sleep--I could have tried to keep more kids away from you.