Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Monday morning I hired our new manager here in the cesspool that is the general CHicago area. Monday afternoon I fired our new manager here...and grew to a new level of disgust for the general area.

I always used to brush off Texan's claims that "the people in TX are just so nice," but I have to say, I guess they are. In comparison to pert near everyone I meet here in Chicago Texans are as bubbly and nice as Ross the Intern. I mean, I talked to this lady at the Chicago Tollways I-Pass thingy booth today and it was like talking to Rozz (Roselyn) from Monsters, Inc. - except this lady was about half as animated and twice as sarcastic/witchy. If only this experience was just an exception to the rule. I have just plain decided that, in general, the people here are what we Texans (did I just say that?) keister-holes. For real, how can an entire region of the country be so different that they make me dislike them as a general populace?
One disclaimer, I never figured Texans to be so great until I started really dealing with Chicagoans, so maybe it is actually more like a situation where the West has nice people and Chicago doesn't? I don't remember harboring such contempt for the folks in the areas of NH, MA & ME where I also spent a lot of time or in FL where I spent some time...what's up with CHI?

So, I'm bitter and undoubtedly coming back here next week, so you'll have to forgive me. I need to do some fishing to get back to the regular me. Gimme a couple of days. I'm going home tomorrow night (or I guess it is late enough that it is later this evening - of course with the flight record coming out of O'Hare, it may just be into the wee hours of the Thurs. morn. before I make it out of here so....

3 comments:

angela michelle said...

What? After all that searching you had to fire the person you hired? I am so sorry! What a nightmare!

Farmer Joe said...

It's cool - better to handle it now than later.

THe good news is that his alternate looks like he will be fantastic. Bad news? I'm fo sho here in Chi-town next week again...

Wendy said...

have you thought of bringing in like a BYU grad?? move some eager RM that served in the Chicago area and loves the people there, but also grew up in the west and has a sense of life...? Just thinking....