Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Obama Hits a Homerun

I've not hid my disdain for the spendulus package, but I have to hand it to Obama today for a few things that I think have gone far too long unsaid from the folks who supposedly lead this country.  Homerun on getting to the roots of the problem by laying it on every american to increase our education and get ourselves out of debt and whatnot.  I'm glad to hear someone lay it on us and to appeal to our own sense of patirotism to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps like a good American ought to.

Even if he creates (or permits to be created) a bunch of legislation I disagree with, at least we finally have a leader in the whitehouse.   You know, the folks on conservative talkshow rail against americans for voting for Obama because he is and says things that are "pretty," but tonight is a good reason for why so many Americans were willing to take a chance on a guy with severe left-leaning tendencies and put him in the whitehouse...we need someone who can look at our problems from the bottom up and have the guts (like Cosby did when he called out young black men) to tell us what we need to hear.
I hope that folks nationwide will heed the call and reconglomerate.  

1 comment:

angela michelle said...

I do love that about Obama--he cuts through the crap and says the real thing and calls us to all band togther.