Saturday, February 28, 2009

Two Firsts Today

Number One:

My first time getting seriously "wined and dined" by a customer.  In retrospect, the nasty email I sent them followed by an immediate unannounced site visit may have had something to do with it...anyway, it started with a high-dollar seafood lunch on Redondo Beach followed by dinner at a Korean BBQ and then a trip to the Korean supermarket in which I was gifted with:
- a case of "cinnamon punch" Korean soda
- a case of "Yo Cool" dairy beverage
- a box of Lotte Kancho (some sort of chocolate filled cookie
- a bag of SunCrunch wafers (some sort of wheat flour rice cake cookie thingy)
In fact, the wining and dining even included offers to find a nice girlfriend for me to going to some sort of Korean bar where (and I'm not sure I have the whole story here, but I think I got the gist of it) a couple of "young ladies" bring out shots of various alcoholic beverages.....and I'm not really sure where it goes from there.  These latest were declined of course.

Number Two:
My first time with Korean food (including two types of Kimchee) and I have to say I loved it.  From the spicy cucumbers, the various ginger-fied radish dishes, seaweed, Korean jello stuff, spicy spinach,to the Korean BBQ (highly recommended) it was a real treat.  

No comments: