Monday, February 23, 2009

Spring is Here!

As evidenced by the first birth of the year - a little billy goat from a first-time mom angora goat.  It looks like he was born yesterday.  His mom is having a hard time with him and the two don't seem to be getting together for good feeding so we went ahead and restrained the mom so he could get a good drink today - hopefully that won't be required in the future.


Also, Josh's cow's testicles fell off (I had hit him a few weeks ago with a "green cheerio") sometime since the last time I was out there and it looks like the site is infected, so I dosed him up with Vitamin B12 (to stimulate appetite and thirst and as a general immune system booster) and a shot of penicilin.  Hopefully with a few more shots of that, he will kick the infection.

1 comment:

Cheaper than the movies and there's free coffee said...

Guess we got those ladies their peace and quiet just in time! Not surprised to hear about the infection; it looked pretty bad the other night. Thanks again for taking such good care. I wish I was there to see the first spring kid. I can't even imagine what a baby angora looks like.