Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Drywall Texture

While Jessica and the kids were gone, I did get started on finishing our master bath room (which has been partially torn apart for over a year) and I was able to get a good start on it, but the project was far larger than I anticipated and being a bit "green" to drywall, I was unsure how good was good enough and so I erred on the side of caution and spent a ton of time working on minor imperfections that probably would have been fine to leave alone. Just getting everything taped off to protect it from the over spray was a monumental task in and of itself.

I was unable to get the texture sprayed before Jessica got home like I wanted, but last night I was finally able to get the hopper loaded up and I sprayed the whole room. I think it turned out pretty good (although I was running low on mud and a couple areas probably could use another pass or two with the sprayer). Tonight, I knocked down any "doobers" and high lumps with a rasp and officially turned the project over to our resident painter. Here is the current status:
Yes, that is the toilet in the middle of the room - can't wait to get that baby back installed where it belongs...


4 comments:

Jessica said...

note to selves: let's not ever buy another house with wallpaper!

Wendy said...

nice job!

Nancy Sabina said...

Impressive! That's some serious DIY-ing.

Unknown said...

Well done !!! You should be proud of yourself. Hope to see the end result sometime.