Thursday, August 20, 2009

Crappy Supper

When we first moved out here to the farm, I used to say that any day that involved some time spent on the tractor was a good day. Today was a good day and it has been a long time coming....you see, a while back, the carburetor on the tractor that was only marginally functional finally bit the big one and in the process it dumped all the gas from the gas tank down into the oil pan. So after sitting for a while and then an oil change and a carb rebuild (a couple weeks ago) I was stoked to fire it up only to find that something went wrong with the carb rebuild and it was still dumping gas. Fast forward through removing the carb, troubleshooting, reinstalling and still having the same problem several times in a row to today. I pulled the carb again and started really looking for something that might have been awry. Not to get too technical, but there was this one gasket around the main fuel tube that was a tiny bit off center and it looked like maybe it was off enough for some gas to get around it. I am not sure if it was that or pure luck, but I adjusted it and reinstalled and the tractor fired right up!

So, today was a good day and I was able to get a good acre or more mowed before dark. It is sorely needed because some of the weeds were over 6 feet tall out there!

In other news, the kids and I continued our daily routine of spending at least 3 hours in the lake in and around the "new" boat. I brought in a couple of fish and we had garlic and butter fried crappy for dinner (that don't sound right does it?)

No comments: