Monday, January 26, 2009

Fixing the Nation's Financial Crisis

I'm not sure of what Obama plans to do, but this guy Joseph E. Stiglitz pretty much has me convinced. His article on how to fix the financial crisis can be summarized with this one single quote:

To be sure, shareholders and bondholders will lose out, but their gains under the current regime come at the expense of taxpayers. In the good years, they were rewarded for their risk taking. Ownership cannot be a one-sided bet.

In farming-related news, I made a bad judgement call today.  Let me set the scene:
  • I had a gun in my hand
  • I have been wanting to shoot some coyote
  • I saw two coyotes on the neighbors pasture (it is leased to a guy who runs cattle on it)
I guess you can surmise the rest.  Anyhoo...I figure one of these days I'll get my call and lure one of them out in the open on our land and lay into him.

No comments: