Friday, January 23, 2009

Welding

This has been a week of welding.  My dad brought his utility trailer over and we tore off a ton of old wood to reveal a rickety under-built frame.  We have been reinforcing, rebuilding, and replacing metal on the thing all week.  Every night I work on it for hours and hours and dad has come out to help several times as well.  It has been fun and I have been getting some serious welding time in (which is good because I can use the practice.)  

Unfortunately, I am starting to wonder if we mightn't rather should have just taken the axle off the thing and started from scratch.  It has been a lot of work and much of it was shoring up around where the old one was weak.  Anyway, tonight we pretty much got it finished (from a welding persepctive) so now it is on to paint and installing flooring (wood) and lights.  I think Jessica will be glad when it is done because we have been spending a LOT of time in the shop this week.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that the goose bailed the very next day.  We should have fricasee'd him before he had a chance.  Next time, we'll know what to do.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm sure I heard him squaking on the neighbor's property the other day (south of us)