Thursday, January 22, 2009

Improving the Tone

OK, I repent for the negative tone of my last post.  Unfortunately, as I felt guilty about it and decided to make a concilliatory post to undo the negativity and as I thought about positive things that have happened since then, the first thing that popped into my mind is that "he hasn't gotten us into a war yet."  OK....that is not really positive.  I'm not doing so well here.  So, here is some positive stuff and while it wasn't the first thing that popped into my head, it did eventually pop in there:

  • "O" froze admin salaries in the white house over $100,000
  • "O" took the oath over again to ensure that there would be no problems - a preemptive strike that was well-reasoned and implemented without fanfare
  • "O" talks like he means well (I'm sure this is why he has received international support)
  • The whitehouse new website looks great
How do ya like me now?

6 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Richard would want me to tell you that the new whitehouse website is powered by JQuery and JQueryUI - his pet projects that he works all night on. He's very proud.

Mark A said...

How about he has signed an order to put an end to CIA harsh interrogation and shut down the gitmo mess in the name of human rights and the American way?

Farmer Joe said...

Well Mark, I actually didn't list that because I was trying to keep a positive tone. Personally, I view the closing of Gitmo as political pandering. I guess he is a politician though, so that is what he must specialize in...

Mark A said...

Pandering or not I see it as righting a wrong that is a blemish on our country. Where do you stand? Only Obama knows his own motives. I will judge him base on what he does, not why he's doing it. Yesterday on facebook I said
"Mark is wishing the new guy all the best, and hoping the Obama facade is more than skin deep. Marks cynical side is expecting disappointment, but his idealistic side keeps calming it’s real. Could we really have a president that Cares, Listens, and Responds intelligently?"
In other words I share your fears that what we have is a Chicago style shyster. But so far so good. He is doing what I would do to a large extent. May we be both be wrong in our fears.

Farmer Joe said...

Listen, I'm not snapping on your boy, I just see the closing of Gitmo as a political move. I guess it could also be called a symbolic move, but to me, there is a very blurry line between the two. I simply didn't list it because I didn't see it as a positive. Not that I saw it as a negative, I just didn't see it as a positive, and the whole point of the post was to get positive, so I didn't mention it. That's all.
Like you said, so far, so good.

angela michelle said...

Joe, we liked you pretty good all along.

I'm w Mark: That place represents the biggest blemish on our country's reputation and its poorest actions. Burn it to the ground, symbolically and for real.