Monday, January 19, 2009

Gaggles

I've been talking recently to some buddies about how I find it strange that the Canada geese that we frequently see flying over us never stop at our lake like the migratory ducks do.  I have also thought about getting some domesticated geese just for the effect (and for a Christmas goose and an occasional goosegg.)


This morning, we have a very unexpected visitor and I (being a modified redneck) am at a quandry.  Do I kill him or feed him?


For killing:
Guaranteed goose for dinner
Yum
No goose poo 
One less animal to feed
He is very loud
Might attack the kids

For feeding:
Maybe he/she will stick around and be our new pet
It's cool to have a goose hanging around

1 comment:

Nancy Sabina said...

Feed him then kill him? Seems like the best of both worlds. Pet for a few days, possible dinner next Sunday.