Saturday, January 10, 2009

Louisiana

I packed up my truck with all Josh's stuff last night (all his possessions that had been shipped by the Navy from Guam were stored in my shop.)  Jessica spent the night at my parents house (mega shopping trip) so I was all alone with nothing to do.  I took the opportunity to clear up a bunch of junk in the shop that has been obstucting floor space for the past year and I even off-loaded a big shelf that had been stored out there on him.  I parked the truck in the shop for the night (in case of rain) and that is going down in the history books as the first time I have ever had a spot clear enough in that shop to park my truck in it for the night.  After the hunters left this morning, I headed to Plano to renddezvous with Josh and start out to Louisiana.  He filled his truck with his regular possessions (clothes, computer, etc - stuff he has been using on a daily basis) as well as some donated new furniture, while my truck was full (really only half-full) with all his other stuff that had never been unpacked since Guam (kitchen stuff, extra shoes, stereo, weedwacker, etc.)  We (Sterling, Winter, Josh and myself) headed out around 1 or 2 pm and made it to Lafayette by around 9:00pm.  We spent an hour getting the trucks unpacked and then Josh took off to get a few groceries while I unpacked a few things and got some church-work done for tomorrow.  
Tomorrow, Sterling and Winter and I will head back home and leave Josh here on his own to get his new "regular" life going.  His apartment is very nice and very spacious.  He has a great start on his furnishings and I think he will really be able to feel like he has a
 good "home" to live in.

View from entry into kitchen area


The front living room (notice the big mess and also unkygiash half-buried by the air-mattress)  The kids immediately set out with serrated steak knives to build a "house" out of a cardboard box.

At one point Josh saw blood on Winter's finger and asked her if she cut herself.  She said, "no."  He asked her how she got blood on her finger and she said she didn't know.  We are calling in Sherlock Holmes to attempt to solve this mystery....(meanwhile we got her bandaged up and took away the knives.)


1 comment:

angela michelle said...

looks like some nice digs. way to help your bro, bro.